Friday, November 24, 2006

Lost - Series Three

Series Three of Lost has just started showing on Sky One. After the revelations and cataclysmic events at the end of Series Two, I was really looking forward to the new series.

I have to say that the first two episodes were a bit disappointing. Apart from a seemingly endless game of capturing and escaping ping-pong, and a flimsy premise to show Kate getting sweaty in an even flimsier sundress, nothing much seemed to happen. I know some people don’t like Lost because things take a long time to get explained and even then don’t seem to make sense. Even so, the story (bizarre as it is) always progressed and there was always lots of things happening. That just wasn’t the case with these episodes.

I have no problem with the absurd side of Lost, in fact I rather like it. It reminds me of Twin Peaks which also made little sense, but I still found totally absorbing.

I am hoping it will pick up the pace soon – in fact I am sure it will. I’m not ready to kick my addiction just yet.

P.S. One strange continuity thing at the start of episode one – when the woman puts on the CD, I immediately recognised the inlay as “Speaking In Tongues” by Talking Heads. So why does “Downtown” by Petula Clark start playing?? Sorry, that was extremely geeky. It doesn’t matter. Or maybe it does…. This is Lost after all!

No comments: